Monday, August 16, 2010

Strain this chaos, and turn it into light


since I got back everyone's been asking me to drive everywhere. Like yesterday, after we sent nenek to Ami Dollah's house mum asked me to drive to the bazaar! It was sooo scary! there were tonnes of people there even though the bazaar here is rather tiny; you could cover the whole place in less than 10 minutes, but still, I was terrified I'd run over someone. I went with Amy and Aunty Shimah. I think I did pretty bad on the way there (someone sounded their horn at me) but I got better on the way back, because I didn't run anyone over *thank God*

I nicked over to Mydin to get serai for mum before we headed home. When I got back, Amy told me she forgot to buy the Panandol bibik asked her to get so we got back out, then, when we came home, mum told me we were out of ice, so I had to go back out, for the third time to the same place to get ice. Oh gawd it was embarrassing -_-" haha...

Today I had a much busier day. Was up early morning doing the transcribing thing for Sociolinguistics, then, looked up some stuff for the 1 Malaysia essay and had to read two more articles for the other Sociolinguistics assignment. Had to take over bibik's job since she balik kampung earlier this morning so I was stuck doing the laundry and stuff. Hidayah made me drive her to school when it's just a ten-minute walk from home. Picked her up later in the evening, headed straight for the bazaar for some kueh, then Mydin for a while to get cat food (Katrina weewee'd in the bathroom because nobody fed her-we were out of cat food okay), rushed back home to cook rice, fried chicken, and ikan tenggiri masak taucu (thank you role for showing me the recipe) before mum got back for buka puasa only... she didn't get back until much later so it was just me and Hidayah for tonight.

Anyway, it was awesome that I got the freedom to drive Abah's car while he's away for umrah, but with freedom there comes responsibility. I'm feeling very much like a single parent soccer mom right now. Haha. but oh boy! I feel so grown up!

Now I've just got to figure out what to cook for tomorrows buka puasa. oh darn it.

P/s: I can't wait for Bella to get back so I can drive her around for a change :D

1 comment:

  1. hahaha.. if u keep on doing this for each and every day...
    i think by the time u get back to unisel..
    u can have a car race with jack already..

    :p

    ReplyDelete

words left unspoken.