Monday, June 4, 2012

lovestoned.

In French, you don’t really say “I miss you.” You say “tu me manques,” which is closer to “you are missing from me.” I love that. “You are missing from me.”

You are a part of me, and now you are missing from me.


When I hugged him, I blurted out, I miss you. He was right there in front of me and I told him I miss him. When I realized how stupid it sounded out loud, I corrected myself. "I'm gonna miss you," I said. When you're gone I'm gonna miss you.

Today, I had a thousand words whizzing in my head. They were the 'proper' ones this time. Not something stupid like i miss you. Like humming birds, the words hummed around in my head. Just hummed but I could only say to you, "don't disappear."

It's funny, how the words we never say can turn into the only thoughts we know. When I held you  for what felt like the last time. I didn't want to let go. I said nothing. I closed my mouth and I spoke to you in a hundred silent ways. What was I to do? There were no words I could say to make you stay.

and then, I watched as I let you drive away.


tu me mangues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

words left unspoken.