
Love,
It wraps its fingers round my spine
Twists and tugs until cry
Claws at my skin until I bleed,
Sucks me dry as I let it feed.
And you,
I let you open up my chest
Take something that you thought was best
You didn’t ask, you just tore it out
Yet I just let you, didn’t scream nor shout
You said: just pour your heart out, love
and I, fell like suicide from a bridge for your words
But now there’s bit’s of my heart splattered on the floor
You step over them and walk right out that door
And I take what’s left to the kitchen sink
To rinse under cold water, and I start to think
What’s the heart worth if it’s left all alone?
Leave long enough, and watch it turn into stone.
Tattered torn, forlorn heart bruised and sore
Thinking maybe I should call you up for some more
So I turn around and pick up the phone
After all, isn’t this what the heart beats for?
Now I lie awake I can’t sleep at night
I stare at the ceiling at the dancing street lights
My mind it echoes like a big tin drum
Heart racing fast, speeding now as it hums
I drown in my thoughts as intricate as flakes of snow
I look down to my chest and wonder, what this heart beats for.
No comments:
Post a Comment
words left unspoken.