Wednesday, August 18, 2010

hey, moon.


:)


I don’t know what you mean to me,
and maybe that’s the saddest part,
to not know what’s been pounding,
inside this deep, dark, hollow heart

You're like the moon.
You’re always there: you’re always on my mind.
and you're so pretty, just so damn beautiful
Hey moon, won’t you be so kind…
as to rise, shine upon my heavy soul,
illuminate my nights,
Tell me what this emotion is
that makes my legs wobble weak,
erupts my heart with delight.
That tears apart at my agony,
rips away excruciating pain,
eliminate the atrocious fear
of becoming unbearably insane

but maybe, you're just a big rock floating,
drifting off in space?
Suspended in bleak nothingness,
you’re nothing but a trace.
Maybe you're not so magical,
maybe you're nothing but mere dust
but not the magic kind with mystical powers.
But if you’re nothing special,
then what is with my fuss?

and maybe I have no phucking clue
where I'm going with this poem
Maybe I’m writing because it gets so hard
to close my eyes crawling into bed at 2 in the morning.
Maybe I’m scared I’ll wake up screaming,
from dreaming of you tonight,
and I just need to sort you out,
but the image of your eyes I will need to fight,
because as I shut mine, it’s you I see,
behind closed eyelids you’ve been waiting for me.
For me to dream of you.

So I hug my pillow tight,
as the moon; it glows and glistens,
drowns me in it’s beams of brilliant lucid light,
shines itself in though my window,
rest it’s head against my pillow,
pulls the covers up,
before the sun comes out,
I whisper to his ears slow:
Hey moon, I hope

I never have to let you go.

I wrote a poem. This time it's for you, it's about you, but you won't understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

words left unspoken.